Safe Harbor/AIDS Archive Collection
The Safe Harbor/AIDS Archive contains material related to the making of the Safe Harbor documentary directed by Catherine Russo, a 22 minute video produced from many interviews with Provincetown AIDS survivors and community caregivers. When the HIV/AIDS epidemic came ashore in the early 1980’s, Provincetown was thrust to the forefront of this nation’s response to this unnamed, undiagnosed, untreatable and lethal viral infection. The town became a model of a community coming together in a crisis to take care of each other. This first production focuses on the first decade, 1983-93. A 90 minute documentary is in production that will include this first decade and continue up to the present. An important part of the project will be the organization and maintenance of an archive that includes the materials filmed and collected. The Provincetown Library will be the repository for the materials used in the production of the documentary, many of the documents and photographs are included here in this collection.
- Provincetown AIDS Support Group Stratigic Plan 1990-1991 Because of the growing numbers of...Format: TextSubjects: Barnstable County (Mass.) History and Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century
- Provincetown AIDS Support Group Board of Directors Monthly Meeting Agenda, with Reports from the...Format: TextSubjects: Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century
- The Provincetown AIDS Support Group Building had a Fire and had to use located in Trailors former...Format: ArtworkSubjects: Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century
- Provincetown Positive PWA Coalition,a Fundraiser "QUEER" a group of Artists created a...Format: ArtworkSubjects: Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century
- In 1990 Pasquale Natale was Honored for his work in creating the Provincetown Aids Support...Format: NewsprintSubjects: Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century