W.M. Smith photograph collection (late 1800's)
These photos are from the collection of George W. Ferguson, Centerville, MA. and loaned to the Provincetown History Project for inclusion in its archive. Most date from the late 1800's into the early part of the 1900's. Subject matter ranges from a capsized schooner and other harbor shots to a group portrait of the fire department and a photo of Knowles Crossing (railroad bisecting Commercial St.) The original photos are in sepia tones and mounted on board.
Architecture, domestic--Massachusetts--Provincetown, Barnstable County (Mass.) History, Boats and boating, Cape Cod (Mass.) History, Commercial Street (Provincetown, Mass.), Dories (boats), East End (Provincetown, Mass.), Fire houses, Fish trade--Massachusetts--Provincetown, Fishermen, Fishing, Fishing boats--Massachusetts--Provincetown, Fishing villages, Fishing villages--Massachusetts--Provincetown, Harbors, Harbors--Provincetown--Mass, Historic buildings--Massachusetts-Provincetown, Provincetown (Mass.)--History--19th century, Provincetown (Mass.)--History--20th century, Railroads, Sailing ships, Schooners, Shipwrecks, Shipwrecks--Massachusetts--Cape Cod region, and Shipwrecks--Massachusetts--Provincetown
There are no comments for this archive.